[GeoNode-users] Customizing Geonode (Installed via apt-get) from Geonode-project Dev (Installed via Python Virtualenv)

Dave Kennewell davekennewell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:16:52 PDT 2018

OK, I think you can simply delete the "DATABASES = {...}" lines from
my_geonode/settings.py which I suspect is overriding the default postgres
database with something else.

Don't forget to restart apache2 after changing the settings - this will
reload them through wsgi - "sudo service apache2 restart"

If you want to check exactly which settings are being used by your
geonode-project:

:~$ cd  /etc/julierme_virtualenv/my_geonode/my_geonode/
:~$ python manage.py shell
>>>from django.conf import settings
>>>settings.DATABASES

 should give you all the relevant database configuration that your project
is actually using.