[GeoNode-users] Resilient hosting of GeoNode

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Fri May 25 05:00:30 PDT 2018

I'd suggest the backup and restore procedure of GeoNode, which dumps almost
everything you need and restores it also. (it is worth to do tests first
with a dev version, mostly on the restore procedure)

You can use a bash script like this to perform the backups

https://bpaste.net/show/9e3e7b57995d

And a script like this to perform the restore

https://bpaste.net/show/683be2d8c3c8

The settings must be customized for both prod and dev. On the above example
I put them into a backup folder, and they look more or less like this

https://bpaste.net/show/2e81d6292274

Things to notice on the settings are:

1. GeoServer Data Dir must be accessible and writable by the Tomcat user
daemon and the user running the script. Also you need to provide correct
path in both cases, prod and dev

2. apps and dumps must be aligned (dumps are just the names of the dump
files); you can customize the apps modules as you need, accordingly on what
you want to backup/restore

> Nifty idea, Jac. Thank you for sharing here and I’d be interested to hear
> the solution as well.

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.