[GeoNode-users] Unable to start geoserver after installation.

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Thu Sep 6 08:10:18 PDT 2018

Hi Amedeo,
do not use 2.14 yet, the REST paths of GeoFence have been changed since
2.13.

Use 2.13 instead.

Il giorno gio 6 set 2018 alle ore 17:08 Amedeo Fadini <amefad at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> Il giorno gio 6 set 2018 alle ore 16:51 Alessio Fabiani <
> alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it> ha scritto:
>
>> Hello Amedeo,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your quik reply Alessio.
>

>> That means that the user you are using to run Apache Tomcat does not have
>> rights to write the GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR.
>> Try to update the permissions and restart the web container.
>>

>  Ok, I was already investigating about permission, I've forgot to change
> owner of parent directory...
>
> Now Geoserver 2.14 snapshot is working but still doesn't authenticat with
> geofence... I see that the documentation tells to configure in
>
> /data/geoserver-data/security/filter/geonode-oauth2/config.xml
>  but this file doesn't exists in 2.8 repo,  i see
> /data/geoserver-data/security/filter/geofence/config.xml
> instead and I've tried to configure like this:
>
> <geofence>
>   <id>-6c153d14:158ced62d5d:-7ff5</id>
>   <name>geofence</name>
>
> <className>org.geoserver.geoserver.authentication.auth.GeoFenceAuthenticationProvider</className>
>   <baseUrl>http://localhost/</baseUrl>
> </geofence>
>

> Amedeo
>

>> Il giorno gio 6 set 2018 alle ore 16:46 Amedeo Fadini <amefad at gmail.com>
>> ha scritto:

>>> Yes, tested with 2.12, 2.13, 2.14

>>> /etc/default/tomcat8 these options are loaded:
>>>
>>> GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR="/home/geonode/data/geoserver-data"
>>> GEOSERVER_LOG_LOCATION="/home/geonode/data/geoserver-logs/geoserver.log"
>>> GEOWEBCACHE_CACHE_DIR="/home/geonode/data/gwc_cache_dir"

--

==