[GeoNode-users] GeoNode project Stable Version

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 07:43:31 PDT 2018

Dear users,

I installed GeoNode Project version 2.7 via Docker according to [1], but
lately my GeoNode Project returned automatically to its default template
(site_base.html and  site_index.html) settings. I uploaded new
site_base.html and site_index.html to django container and every time I run
docker-compose up (collectstatic will run), django container ID changes and
the templates returns to its default settings.
Some issues happen and make me confused:
1 - I installed GeoNode Project version 2.7, but the index.html shows *version
2.8.1rc0 *in the browser
2 - I tried running python manage.py collectstatic inside the django
container; the command works, but I did not see the changes in
site_base.css and templates being applied to GeoNode site.
3 - Running collectstatic out of django container does not make any change
either.

4 - Running docker-compose up always gives django a new container ID.

Said that, what is the stable version for GeoNode Project? Any comment on
the issue list above will be very appreciated.
Thank you for your time in advance
[1] https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/tree/2.7
Kind regards

Julierme