[GeoNode-users] [Can't communicate with GeoServer: port 8000 vs 8080][Geonode 2.10 in Development Mode]

Tomas Link tomaslink at spacesur.com
Tue Apr 16 14:16:22 PDT 2019

Hi Julierme,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using this guide, more or less:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/quick_install.html#ubuntu-for-development
In Ubuntu 16.04 and the tag from 2.10rc4.
I had to make a couple of changes to make work the *paver setup* command.
But I successfully started GeoNode after that.
GeoServer is wroking well also, in port 8080.

I don't have the variable* GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT* declared in my
settings.py.
I tried add that one in the settings.py as you suggested but the problem is
still there.

I debbuged the code in *geonode/proxy/views.py*, in the "proxy" function
and what I can see is that, for every request, redirects to *host*:*port*{
*locator*} where *locator* = '/geoserver/' in this case, and *host* and
*port* are the the ones from GeoNode. The request parameter holds correctly
the *host:8080/geoserver* URL, but this code always redirects to the same
host and port of GeoNode.

I don't had this problem when I deployed 2.8 for production, because Apache
Server redirects geoserver requests to port 8080 correctly. But in this
development environment, I don't know how we must handle that.

El mar., 16 abr. 2019 a las 17:41, 1520 gis (<
juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com>) escribió:

> Hi Tomas,
>
> What GeoNode installation method are you using?
>
> In your local_settings.py, see if this change can help you:
>
> *# **C**omment the line**s*#GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT = os.getenv(#    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT', *SITE_HOST_PORT*#)*# Add the lines*GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT = os.getenv(    'GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_PORT', '*8080*')
>
> I hope it helps
>
> Julierme
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:48 PM Tomas Link <tomaslink at spacesur.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just installed successfully GeoNode 2.10rc4 for development.
>> After running paver start I can enter GeoNode app, and also GeoServer app
>> if I put the correct URL in the browser. But the comunication between
>> GeoNode and GeoServer is not working. I cannot see from GeoNode any layers
>> uploaded, and when I try to enter GeoServer from the link in GeoNode, it
>> fails to redirect because it's going to port 8000, and GeoServer is in port
>> 8080.
>>
>> Is there any proxy configuration for django that i'm missing?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Tomás
>>

>> --
>>

>> Tomás Juan Link