[GeoNode-users] (no subject)

Naresh N naresh919 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 02:37:08 PST 2019

Dear All,

As  I posted earlier, we need to enable GeoNode with https but facing the
issues.   The following are added for https

 1.   Apache Configured with https and required changes are added in
geonode.conf as per  mentioned   in
http://docs.geonode.org/en/2.8.1/tutorials/advanced/geonode_production/ssl.html

2.  Tomcat /GeoServer Configuration -
   (i)Modified the  Server.xml and done required changes
         <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"

    connectionTimeout="20000"
    URIEncoding="UTF-8"
    scheme="https"
    proxyName="<ourDomainName .. for example as* exmaple.com
<http://exmaple.com/> *>"
    proxyPort="443"  />

   (ii)  Modified /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/WEB-INF/web.xml
       *  Geonode_BASE_URL* to https://ourdomainname

   (iii) Modified /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/data/web.xml))

         * Proxybaseurl *: * https://*ourdomainname/geoserver

3.  GeoNode Configuration - Changed Site Url to https
   (i)
/var/lib/tomcat/webapps/geoserver/data/security/auth/geonodAuthProvider/config.xml

        baseurl to https://ourdoamingname
   (ii) In local_settings.py and setttings.py
       a.  sitename and siteurl to https://ourdomainname
       b.GEOSERVER_LOCATION: *http://ourdomainname:8080/geoserver
<http://ourdomainname:8080/geoserver>*
          GEOSERVER_PUBLIC_LOCATION: *https:// ourdomainname/geoserver *

  After doing the above the changes , *our GeoNode portal is able to access
with https*, however the following functionalities are not working

  1. When we are uploading the data, the following error is appearing

  Tried to make a GET request to
http://ourdomainname:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/default.xml
<http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/default.xml> but got a 404
status code:'

2.  Edit style is not working
   https://domainname/gs/rest/layers/geonode:_11_19_2019_6450480_1.json  -- *
notfound   (error code:404)*
  https://ourdomainname/gs/rest/styles/_11_19_2019_6450480_1.xml --- error
code 500 ( some internal server error)

In above both are *REST services which are not working* however, When I
tried to access *http://ourdomainname:8080/geoserver
<http://ourdomainname:8080/geoserver> it is redirecting to
https://ourdomainname/geoserver <https://ourdomainname/geoserver>* ( it is

Please kindly help me, is somewhere I need to do the REST services settings.

Thanks&Regards,
Naresh.n