[GeoNode-users] Layers Group in GeoNode

Jack Trute Jack.Trute at scisys.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 05:32:59 PST 2019

Hi all,

First time posting. My question is about adding the Geoserver feature 'Layer Group' to GeoNode.

I want to add the ability to update/import Layer Group made in Geoserver in GeoNode. The 'updatelayers' management command currently update just layers.

In the gsconfig library the 'get_resources' function contains a comment 'Resources include feature stores, coverage stores and WMS stores, however does not include layer groups'. I want to include the layer groups into geonode from geoserver. While trying to figure it out I came across this post https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geonode-devel/2016-May/000871.html which seems like a similar problem, but I haven't been able to get very far from there.

Any guidance to approaching this is appreciated.

SCISYS UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 4373530.
Registered Office: Methuen Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 0GB, UK.

Before printing, please think about the environment.