[GeoNode-users] Layers Group in GeoNode

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:51:22 PST 2019

Hi
this would be useful but it is not trivial. For example we should keep
track of such a layer type in GeoNode Django database, as for this
kind of layers some feature should behave differently. For example a
layer group should be never editable, also the style editor should be
disabled etc etc
Nevertheless, it would be really useful a PR implementing all of this
if you have the resources to implement it.
best
Paolo

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 8:42 AM Jack Trute <Jack.Trute at scisys.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> First time posting. My question is about adding the Geoserver feature ‘Layer Group’ to GeoNode.
>

> I want to add the ability to update/import Layer Group made in Geoserver in GeoNode. The ‘updatelayers’ management command currently update just layers.
>

> In the gsconfig library the ‘get_resources’ function contains a comment ‘Resources include feature stores, coverage stores and WMS stores, however does not include layer groups’. I want to include the layer groups into geonode from geoserver. While trying to figure it out I came across this post https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geonode-devel/2016-May/000871.html which seems like a similar problem, but I haven’t been able to get very far from there.
>

> Any guidance to approaching this is appreciated.
>

> SCISYS UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 4373530.
> Registered Office: Methuen Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 0GB, UK.
>
> Before printing, please think about the environment.

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti