[GeoNode-users] Problem in uploading layers : unable to create geofence rules

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 13:00:09 PST 2019

Hi everybody,

In my geonode project (based on 2.8.2) when a user upload a layer receive a
"unexpected error" in the yellow message div, the layer is created and is
present in geoserver,  but is not show on the map.

When I try to launch manage.py updatelayers i receive an error from the api

"unable to add Geofence user \'name of user\' Rule" followed by a 404 html
error page

I tried to disable Goefence security in my local_settings, the updatelayers
now goes fine but the layers uploaded are not working: i can see and modify
the style the first time but when i login again the the WMS layer report an
error "layer not found"

Geonode 2.8.2 and geoserver 2.13 the error appears in dockerized
installation but also running wsgi with apache.

I don't know where to read for geofence configuration

Amefad