[GeoNode-users] migration suggestions

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 25 07:08:36 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I have a running geonode at version 2.4 dev20160525015826 configured as multisite in a ubuntu server 16.04.6 LTS.
The system administrator suggested me to update the server OS to 18.04.3 LTS for many reasons that are not the topic of this email.

I would like to know if there are suggested procedures to migrate my multisite project, data, ... to a newer version of geonode
(the most update seems to be the vs.2.10).
Just to let you know, for the previous installation I followed the custom installation,
because in the server were already running postgresql, tomcat, and so on...
Moreover, as said, I set the project to be used as multi-sites.

So I need:

  1.  to install a fresh geonode version
  2.  set-up the multi-sites
  3.  dump the data from version 2.4