[GRASS5] New release candidate 3 of GIS Manager 2

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Feb 13 17:24:43 EST 2006

> From: Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>
> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:13:29 +0100
> To: Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>
> Cc: Grass Developers List <grass5 at grass.itc.it>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS5] New release candidate 3 of GIS Manager 2
>
> Michael Barton wrote:
>>>>>

> - When trying to use the text tool, I get:
>
> can't read "anchor": no such variable
>      while executing
> "$can($mon) create text $opt($id,xcoord) $opt($id,ycoord)  -anchor
> $anchor  -justify $opt($id,justify)  -width $opt($id,width)  -fill
> $opt($id,fill)  -..."
>
> (I assume it is the "Add text layer" button.)

I'll find and fix.

> I still find this counter-intuitive. If I set the region using g.region,
> I expect the next "normal" display command to follow this setting. I
> don't find it obvious that I should use a different button to get the
> expected result.

To some extent, this is the 'price' for having a separate zoom for each
display. Each display needs to have its own settings. This means that a
general setting, by default, won't affect an individual display. Otherwise,
it would affect ALL displays and we'd be back to where we were with the
xmonitors.

> Maybe it is possible to add a region setting dialog directly in the
> display window which would then reset the current region definition of
> the this diplay ?

Possible, though it requires a lot of dialog building. But is this any more
intuitive than having a display button that does the same thing?

> Cool !
>
> Moritz

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402