[GRASS-dev] d.vect -a shows only some elements

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 18:23:58 EDT 2006

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Using d.vect.thematic -u I fill a grassrgb column in the attribute
> table. See http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/d_vect_a1.png.
>
> But when I try to reuse these colors with d.vect -a, only a few of the
>
> regions get filled (with an additional dissolution of common
> boundaries): http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/d_vect_a2.png
>
> All of the objects in the map have a color code in the grassrgb
> column.
>
> I cannot reproduce this problem in spearfish, so I am a bit lost.
>
> Any ideas ?

"with an additional dissolution of common boundaries" is causing the
problem.

dissolution is based on common cat, but thematic colors are based on
"jk" column. areas with a common cat can have different attribute
values.

e.g. if cat refers to country number, and attr col refers to province
area.

Hamish