[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #5218] (grass) wingrass: creating new location from startup screen with projection values fails

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Oct 19 04:17:13 EDT 2006

Michael Barton via RT wrote:
> This won't work because it requires an interactive xterm. This is not
> currently available in wingrass, though I think I remember some discussion
> by Glynn suggesting that it might (or might not) be possible to compile
> wingrass in such a way as to make this and similar functions work.

But there is a terminal, but it fails before getting to the screen where
you define the location extension. So must be something about how this
screen is constructed.

If I do not use Huidae's grass.bat (which actually launches cmd.exe as
terminal), but I launch grass from a Msys teminal (after setting path to
include postgresql/bin and GRASS_WISH=wish84), and I then try to launch
the location creation with projection values, it fails immediately, with
the following error:

Cleaning up temporary files.....
Starting GRASS ...
'clear' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme ex‚cutable ou un fichier de commandes.
LINES value must be >= 2 and <= -9808: got 1
initscr(): LINES=1 COLS=1: too small.

Moritz