[GRASS-dev] gis.m broken in 6.2.0rc3 for Tcl/Tk 8.3

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 05:01:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

As the subject says, gis.m is fully broken in 6.2 for Tcl/Tk's wish8.3,
as -offrelief, -overrelief, and -compound are unknown to it.

If I remove all those, it works fine. The only difference I see is that
without the extra relief calls the mouse-mode (pointer,zoom,pan) buttons
have some shaddowing. This is arguably wanted, as they are select-one
radio buttons. Pretty minor thing though.

I expect -offrelief and -overrelief are just cosmetic, so they can be
removed without worry; and AFAICT, -compound isn't actually doing
anything as the zoom menu items don't have associated icons. (???)

These were introduced way back in May, I've just noticed now as while
I've been switching tcltk 8.3 & 8.4 -dev packages, I've kept using
wish8.4. .. just tried building 6.2rc3 on another machine which is
pure tcltk 8.3 & this popped up.

comments?

Hamish

G:grass-6.2.0RC3 > gis.m
G:grass-6.2.0RC3 > Error in startup script: unknown option "-offrelief"
    while executing
"radiobutton $tb.pointer  -image [image create photo -file
"$iconpath/gui-pointer.gif"]  -command "MapCanvas::stoptool $mon;
MapCanvas::poin
ter $mon"  ..."
    (procedure "MapToolBar::create" line 36)
    invoked from within
"MapToolBar::create $map_tb"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::create" line 51)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::create"
    (procedure "Gm::startmon" line 11)
    invoked from within
"Gm::startmon"
    (procedure "Gm::create" line 69)
    invoked from within
"Gm::create"
    (procedure "main" line 30)
    invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
    (file
"/usr/src/grass/grass-6.2.0RC3/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/gm/gm.tcl"
line 521)

G:grass-6.2.0RC3 > cd gui/tcltk/
G:tcltk > grep -rI "\-offrelief" *
gis.m/maptool.tcl:              -variable maptools($mon) -value pointer
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/maptool.tcl:              -variable maptools($mon) -value zoomin
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/maptool.tcl:              -variable maptools($mon) -value zoomout
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/maptool.tcl:              -variable maptools($mon) -value pan
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/maptool.tcl:              -variable maptools($mon) -value query
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/maptool.tcl:              -variable maptools($mon) -value measure
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/maptool.tcl:              -relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief
raised \
gis.m/maptool.tcl:              -relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief
raised \
gis.m/georecttool.tcl:          -variable grmaptools -value selector
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/georecttool.tcl:          -variable grmaptools -value zoomin
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/georecttool.tcl:          -variable grmaptools -value zoomout
-relief flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
gis.m/georecttool.tcl:          -variable grmaptools -value pan  -relief
flat -offrelief flat -overrelief raised \
G:tcltk >

checking Tcl version... 8.3
checking Tk version... 8.3

Error in startup script: unknown option "-overrelief"
    while executing
"radiobutton $tb.pointer  -image [image create photo -file
"$iconpath/gui-pointer.gif"]  -command "MapCanvas::stoptool $mon;
MapCanvas::poin
ter $mon"  ..."
    (procedure "MapToolBar::create" line 36)

Error in startup script: unknown option "-compound"
    while executing
"$zoommenu add command  -compound top  -label {Zoom to selected map}
-command {MapCanvas::zoom_map $mon}"
    (procedure "MapToolBar::create" line 72)