[GRASS-user] Georectification

Joe Bayles joebayles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:13:12 EDT 2009

I'm not even really there yet. I've followed the following steps:
Created an undefined XY location for importing
Created a defined UTM location for georeferencing
r.in.gdal (don't have the exact line written down, but it worked, I have
displayed the TIFF as a raster)
i.group group=map input=state at PERMANENT (assigned the one image to a group)
i.target group=map at PERMANENT location=georeference mapset=permanent
(targeted the UTM location)
d.mon start=x0 (started the monitor)
Here's where it gets... not good.
i.points group=map at PERMANENT (attempt to start identifying points)
and I get this:
Target information for group [map] missing
Please run i.target for group map

Not really sure what's going on here... tried it multiple ways. Any
suggestions? Thanks!

Joe