[GRASS-user] reference for publications?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:27:50 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> > - And also an example of how to cite an add-on?
>
> Please write one :) On the other hand I omitted it to not highlight a
> single one.

I was actually recently thinking about a need to have citation for every
module. Perhaps this was already discussed. Many modules (in core or in
addons) have associated paper. Now it is often in REFERENCES (if at all)
but it is not clear that this is the way to cite it because there are also
the actual references used to write the module. A special section CITE
AS/CITATION would be more explicit. The content could be generated using
`r.slope.aspect --citation` (or `r.slope.aspect --cite-as`) and the
information could be stored in the module together with module description.
Alternatively, the section can be just hand written as the REFERENCES
section but the flag might give us more options related to defaults or
alternative citations.

Should we have a ticket to track this?