[Incubator] Committer Responsibility Guidelines Examples?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 20:19:19 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 10 October 2012 at 7:48 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> The key element I'm looking for is a documented process, which is part of the project's supporting web pages, describing how the project will ensure future contributions to the code base will follow license guidelines.
Agreed
> The link to the geotools project you reference below does this by requiring new developers to sign a code contribution agreement before committing.
Alas that is only step 1…an important step I admit.

The second step (for GeoTools) is to capture when new code is subjected to a review prior to being included in the library.
- http://docs.geotools.org/latest/developer/procedures/supported.html
(This covers several things, including IP check, and importantly a documentation requirement)