[Incubator] gvSIG project graduation (Update)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:46:01 PDT 2015

Alvaro, Dimitris,
Thanks for copying this documentation into a more prominent location,
but you have missed the core message from my comments. The quality of
the documentation is not yet of a standard worthy of professional software.

Would you use such documentation in a bid proposal for new work, when
competing against other companies? Because people reviewing the quality
of gvSIG will look at documentation like this to assess the maturity of
gvSIG.

Personally, I find this documentation worthy of a first draft, possibly
written by a developer, which needs review from a technical writer, of
business development manager or similar, who is used to writing concise
technical documentation.

I've copied the documentation into a word document, then used track
changes and comments to give you an indication of what I would expect
from such a review, and the level of quality that I think should be
considered the norm for an OSGeo Graduated project.

I realise I'm being harsh in my comments, but I hope you find it better
to hear such comments from a friend, rather than being judged and
dismissed by your potential customers further down the track.

Warm regards, Cameron