[Incubator] zoo-project community sprint checklist hacking

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 07:31:26 PDT 2019

Process:

1. version control

yes, svn :)

2. issue tracker

trac

3. project has documented its management process

A project committers guide
<http://zoo-project.org/docs/community/developer.html> is available, which
seems to focus on svn care and feeding, and not on how decisions are made.
It also talks about a COMMITTERS list which may be the list of folks
agreeing to license policy?

aside: Would love to see a less "business" word here like "project has
documented how the team functions"
aside: There is overlap here with a similar question under "open"

I am a bit confused on this section, perhaps the community guide says how
decisions are made and I am just missing it.

4. decisions

Okay details are in the wiki
<http://www.zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/PSC/process> (and looks very
complete).

5. public communication channels to make decisions

Checking the zoo-psc mailing list
<https://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/zoo-psc> shows:
- site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-psc/ meeting
- site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-psc/ vote
- site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-psc/ motion

Based on above last motion was passed in 2018, PSC does not appear active.
Should chat with mentor to determine how group functions etc...

Having a PSC is only idea, many projects discuss on developer list, or have
committers vote ...

The key thing is *however decisions are made it be transparent and have
some way for new individuals to eventually join the team and take part*.

Let me check zoo discuss

Checking the zoo-discuss mailing list
<https://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/zoo-discuss> shows:
- site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-discuss/ meeting
- site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-discuss/ vote
- site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/zoo-discuss/ motion

Also not much found by searching