[mapserver-users] Placing a point

Janet Ciavarelli Jciavarelli at city.kamloops.bc.ca
Fri Jun 8 17:35:29 EDT 2001

I'm writing an application where the user places a point, and my application grabs the coordinates and saves them to a file, and I'd like to place a marker at the location where they clicked. I'm finding that the user has to do one click to place a point, another 2 clicks to redraw/query the server (the first click sends the coordinates to the server, the 2nd sends the coordinates back to the client browser) to get the marker to draw at the location.  And they also have to click on a command to write the coordinate to a file. So this is a total of 4 clicks.

Is there any way to save on the number of clicks? I'm not that familiar with this type of programming.

Janet.