[mapserver-users] GMAP php demo

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jun 13 17:20:06 EDT 2001

Janet Ciavarelli wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am trying to get the GMAP php demo going. I've followed all the install instructions. When I go to run it, I get all of the following dumped out to my window. And then underneath of all this is the correct template consisting of the legend, keymap, the map,etc, but the map is not being drawn. Does anyone know what might be the cause of this?

This is a dump of the PHP source.  Assuming that PHP was installed
properly, this could happen if your web server is not setup to recognize
.phtml as an extension for PHP pages by default.  You can either
instruct your web server to handle .phtml files as PHP scripts, in
Apache's httpd.conf with PHP4, it's something like this:

  AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml

or rename the gmap75.phtml file to gmap75.php which should be recognized
by a PHP-enabled web server by default.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca