[mapserver-users] Expressions & SDE Layer

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jun 14 12:57:21 EDT 2001

This has been a recurring problem. Turns out to be a missing break in a case
statement that's causing smallint reads to fall into integer reads, hence the
problem. I just commited the fix to the CVS.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Robert Aldridge <bamarob55 at yahoo.com> 06/14/01 10:13AM >>>
Hello all,

I have a layer in my map file defined as follows:

LAYER
  NAME "Roads"
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CONNECTIONTYPE sde
  CONNECTION "comtrac,esri_sde,ArcInfo,sde,passwd"
  DATA "sde.roads,shape"
  CLASSITEM "roadtype"
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /1/
    SYMBOL 1
    SIZE 1
    COLOR 255 0 0
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /2/
    SYMBOL 1
    SIZE 1
    COLOR 0 0 0
  END
END

Drawing the layer works fine without the expressions.
The "roadtype" item is defined as a SMALLINT in my
database.  I get the following error with the above
layer definition:

sdeGetRecord(): SDE error. SE_stream_get_integer():
Wrong column type. (-114)

Changing the CLASSITEM to "cfcc" (which is a string
item) and using "A41" and "A31" in the two expressions
works fine.

I'm wondering if this might be a bug because it is
errorring out on SE_stream_get_integer when the item
type is smallint.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert Aldridge