[mapserver-users] create map, newbie Q.

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Mon Jun 18 12:34:12 EDT 2001

Hi,

* Ben-Nes Michael (miki at canaan.co.il) [010618 16:40]:
> What about this way ?
>
> Maybe mapscript + making small C programs that use shp lib in such way
> that ill:
> 1. query map with mapscript to return ID, if not capable by
>    mapscript, write Small C prog using shplib
> 2. retrieve, show & update
>    using php4 DBASE function.

I can't see something ill here :) This is a way I would go if I wanted to
edit shapefile attributes with visual selection.

BTW, to the first part of your earlier question: If you want to generate
shapefiles you may have a look at gen2shp
http://intevation.de/~jan/gen2shp/gen2shp.html
Based on shapelib it generates shapefiles from ArcInfo generate format
(a rather simple ascii format).

Regards,

    Frank

--