[mapserver-users] Mapplet and Mapsize

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 6 22:33:14 EST 2002

I don't believe you can change the size of a displayed applet (I may be wrong). A workaround would be to reload the page with the new size and use javascript to write (document.write...) the start of the applet tag and set the right size that way.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> "Brian Fischer" <bfischer at mpls.houstoneng.com> 03/06/02 14:48 PM >>>
Hi,

I am trying to add a drop down menu to automatically change the size of
the map.  I am using Steve Lime's mapplet and MapServ 3.5.  I can not
seem to get the width and height changed in the applet using JavaScript.
Is this possible or do I have the syntax wrong?

function changemapsize() {
  document.mapplet.width.value = "400" ;
  document.mapplet.height.value = "300" ;
  document.mapserv.submit();
  }

<applet codebase="/tools/mapserv35/java/mapplet" code="mapplet.class"
name="mapplet" width="500" height="400" MAYSCRIPT >
             <param name="image"
value="http://[host]/tools/mapserv35/temp_mapserv/[img]">
             <param name="jitter" value="10">
             <param name="thickness" value="2">