[mapserver-users] problem with join

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Fri Mar 8 10:34:28 EST 2002

Mike,

* mikee (mike at mikee.de) [020306 22:13]:

> 1000s thanks, but i need also the temlate-files.
>
> my old problem:
>
> 1.) i have a shapfile called "test1" with an item "nr" in the dir: =
> /mapserver/data
>
> 2.) i have also a dbf called "join1.dbf" in the dir: =
> "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mapserver\data\join1.dbf" also with an item "nr" and =
> "wert1" and "test2"

[MapFile and other configurations corresponding with the docs]

> but my query give me only this:
> Layer: TEST
>       NR |  WERT1  |  TEXT2
>      ----+---------+---------
>       5  | [WERT1] | [TEXT2]
>

> :-( - where is the mistake? where are the value for "wert1" and =
> "text2"??

assuming that you use MapServer 3.5 (stable) I find in
mapserv.c, 1346 ff:
[...]
// FIX: need to consider JOINS
// FIX: need to consider 5% shape extent expansion

void returnQuery()
{
[...]

A current snapshot from the CVS shows an entirely reworked system for
query and template processing (what I appreciate) but in
maptemplate.c, processLine():

    // FIX: need to re-incorporate JOINS at some point

still remains.

Seems as if joins are not reimplemented with the ongoing redesign of
mapserv.c

Maybe one of the developers can say more on this topic. However, it
doesn't seem to be an demanding feature, maybe it should be taken from
the docu?

Regards,

        Frank

--