[mapserver-users] PHP Vs. Cold Fusion...

Paul Hastings paul at tei.or.th
Wed Mar 13 15:27:56 EST 2002

> Any takers for a new Mapserver sub-project? I don't have the C/C++
> sharps (so to say), but I can provide all of my CF expertise to the
> extent needed. CF has a well documented API and allows creation of
> custom tags and modules using C++ or Delphi very well.

we have ported mapserver to a cfx tag just been too swamped to get
it out in public. most cf developers we spoke too said "thanks but no
thanks" to mapscript so its become low priority as we seem to have
busted the arcSDE connection during the cfx port.

as far as your merry-go-round to stuff data into arcSDE, i recall
some stuff in arcScripts that might help shortcut this.

---