[mapserver-users] [Suggestions] HOWTO Split Large SHP Files

Luca Pescatore info at pescatoreluca.com
Fri Mar 15 15:00:00 EST 2002

Hi Guys,
	i need some suggestion for some test on my Map Server.

Now i'm installing something that allow me to test some
performances, but that 'm so newbie i don't know what to check
for controlling correct performances of my machine. I'm writing this email
for asking some suggestions for my tests (they will be published on this list).

My idea are to put (for few weeks) in a DB some informations that allow to
create an idea about MapServer performances. I will change some thins like
Memory, Indexing and so on.

Data that i will put on DB are : Zoom Level, Timestamp for start rendering,
Timestamp for end rendering, Extension and what.... ?

Suggest me "what i need to insert". This will be very useful for
determining what
can give poor performances on a MapServer with a Lot of data to render and
a not
so powerful machine.

Best Regards,
	Luca