[mapserver-users] Mapinfo TAB files and lcc projection

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 15 15:59:21 EST 2002

Actually, without knowing it, Stephen pointed the source of the
problem...

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> I looked and don't think I can help with your specifiec question, but I
> did notice another problem that I ran into recently. In you map file you
> have:
>
> SIZE 600 600
> #EXTENT -565918.875607 55035.833974 506926.040335 1264723.213684
> EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
> UNITS METERS

Your EXTENT is defined in degrees, but your output MAP PROJECTION is LCC
in METERS ...

The EXTENT coordinates MUST BE in the units of the output MAP
PROJECTION... so EXTENT values should be LCC coordinates in meters in
this case.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca