[mapserver-users] WMS layers

Tweedy, Scott sctweedy at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Nov 18 10:20:57 EST 2002

I've been experimenting with WMS layers and creating a WMS application and I
have a question about image quality and georeferencing with MapServer and
maybe MapLab.

Unfortunately, the application is on an Intranet or I could give the actual
URL examples.

If I create a .map file and call that file through MapServer as a WMS GetMap
request:
http://<myserver>/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=wms.map&version=1.1.0&request=GetM
ap
 the file comes up exactly as I want it, the images are crisp and accurate.

If I add a layer definition in a .map file for one of the same layers in the
same .map file used previously and view the .map file on the Intranet or
through MapLab the WMS layer is rendered very poorly.  The colours are all
different, lines are very pixilated and the location of the element (whether
it's a point, line, polygon or raster layer) is not correct.  If necessary I
can send screen shots of the problem.

Is there something I'm missing?  Shouldn't a map layer added as a WMS layer
in a .map file look the same as that same layer does when using a WMS GetMap
request?  Am I missing something?

I'm using:
MapServer version 3.5 (beta) OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
MapLab 2.0rc2
php 4.2.2
MapScript 3.6