[mapserver-users] project onto a globe?

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at biosci.cbs.umn.edu
Tue Nov 26 18:37:23 EST 2002

OK, you got me thinking on this one.  So, here's the output projection
you'd want to include in your map file.  I don't know if it'll work.

PROJECTION
  "proj=ortho"
  "ellps=WGS84"
  "lat_0=52.0000"
  "lon_0=0.0000"
  "x_0=0.00"
  "y_0=0.00"
END

You can change the ellipse parameter to whatever spheroid you want to
use, and lat_0 and lon_0 to whatever you'd want centered--I assume you'd
want that to be UK/Europe.

Here's more info:
http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/orthographic.html
(Check the note on random issues)