[Mapserver-users] Code of PHP CGI Program Displayed

Toshimi Minoura minoura at cs.orst.edu
Sun Feb 16 00:47:20 EST 2003

Hi All,

We are trying to make MapServer 3.6.4 work with PHP
on RedHat Linux 8.0.

We placed the CGI program php in /var/www/cgi-bin.
Another CGI program in this directory is correctly executed
as a CGI program,

We then aded the lines

   Action phtml-script /cgi-bin/php
   AddHandler phtml-script .phtml

to file /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf.

Now, when we select a .phtml file on a browser,
the binary code of the CGI program php is displayed,
instead of php interepreting the .phtml script.

We also tested the following combination

   AddType application/x-httpd-php-cgi .phtml
   Action  application/x-httpd-php-cgi /cgi-bin/php

and got the same result.

We will appreciate any help.

Toshi

P.S. If the answer is posted to mapserver-users, please send
     me a copy directly. There are too many messages posted
     on that list each day for me to read.