[Mapserver-users] 2 questions: 1- map images (scale, legend, ...) + 2- zoom (x,y)

Pedro Salazar pedro-b-salazar at ptinovacao.pt
Tue Feb 25 14:31:18 EST 2003

--=-m6EoiJEFEL6G1dSVk+Jx

Greetings,

I'm not completely aware about the functionalities of mapserver but I'm
ready to hear your comments about 2 issues I pretend to do:

1)I would like to supply a url to the map image, another to the map
legend image, and another to the map scale image. I do not intend to get
the html with the result of template, only the pieces... Why? - Because
I would like to create a XML file with that elements. Is it possible?

2)I would to zoom to my map but directly to a (X,Y) coordinates in a
scale. How should I do it?
 - should I pick my X,Y, construct my EXTENT (by using a tolerance
distance), and passing it through a query string?
 - But, I would like to mark with a symbol my (X,Y) point!! How can I do
it?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--=20
<id name=3D"pedro salazar">=20
<email>pedro-b-salazar at ptinovacao.pt</email>
<pgp-key-id>0E129E31D803BC61</pgp-key-id>
</id>

--=-m6EoiJEFEL6G1dSVk+Jx

--=-m6EoiJEFEL6G1dSVk+Jx--