RES: RES: [Mapserver-users] Problems Compiling GDAL1.1.9 + MapServer

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Apr 13 22:17:57 EDT 2004

Please always reply via the list, see my reply below...

Gabriel Moricz wrote:
> Daniel...
>
> I think that I found the problem, But I dont know how to solve it..
>
> Well...When I install JPEG it creats the libs in /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 and
> not the /usr/lib/libjpeg.so so then when I install gd-2.0.15 it cant find
> the -ljpeg, cause it seachs the libjpeg.so, so then I created a link from
> the libjpeg.so.62 to libjpeg.so..
>
> Well...it finds the -ljpeg but it gives me a error when I try to make
> it..The error is:
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/
> include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include/libpng12 -g -O2 -c
> gd_jpeg.c -Wp,-MD,.deps/gd_jpeg.TPlo  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/gd_jpeg.lo
> gd_jpeg.c:41: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
> gd_jpeg.c:42: jerror.h: No such file or directory
> gd_jpeg.c:247: #error IJG JPEG library BITS_IN_JSAMPLE value must be 8 or 12
> make[2]: *** [gd_jpeg.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/backup/Ambiente_Mapserver/gd-2.0.15'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/backup/Ambiente_Mapserver/gd-2.0.15'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Do u have any idea about how to solve it????

I'm not sure what's going on, but for sure there seems to be quite a
mess on your system. In this specific case it could be that you are
missing the libjpeg-devel RPM on your system, or ???

The key is to make sure that you have one and only one copy of each
library on your system, and that the header files match the binary
version of the lib that's installed. It's possible to have multiple
versions of a given lib coexist on the same system, but it would be too
long to explain how to do this here.

I think you should make sureyou don't have duplicates of any lib, and
then try to follow the step by step instructions in the wiki for your
platform if possible. For instance, if you use RH 8 or RH 9, then the
following tells you exactly what to do to get everythinhg built without
any headaches:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RedHat9AndMapserver40

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca