[Mapserver-users] Transparent embedded scalebar in 4.2b1

mapserver at digger.net mapserver at digger.net
Sun Apr 25 01:47:59 EDT 2004

Using 4.0.1, I've got an embedded scalebar with a transparent background using:

  STATUS EMBED
  TRANSPARENT ON

In the new 4.2b1, this doesn't work.  Instead, I get a solid white background
(or the color specified by IMAGECOLOR if present).  The Scalebar Object
documentation says of TRANSPARENT, "This flag is now deprecated in favor of
declaring transparency within OUTPUTFORMAT declarations."

Since OUTPUTFORMAT doesn't apply to an embedded scalebar, is there some other
way to get a transparent background?  If not, perhaps TRANSPARENT should be
un-deprecated?

Thanks,
Dave