[Mapserver-users] How to Install Mapserver on Debian woody?

Andreas Delleske delleske at vauban.de
Sun Feb 8 08:55:59 EST 2004

Hello there,

sorry, if it is a FAQ, but:

How can I manage to compile mapserver 4.0.1 on a Debian 3.0 (woody)- system?

Now, ./configure ends up with

>zwei:~/mapserver-4.0.1# ./configure
>checking for gcc... gcc
>checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
>checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
>checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
>checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>checking for c++... c++
>checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
>checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
>checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
>checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
>checking for ranlib... ranlib
>checking for flex... lex
>checking for yywrap in -ll... no
>checking for bison... no
>checking for byacc... no
>checking if compiler supports -R... no
>checking if compiler supports -Wl,-rpath,... yes
>checking for exp in -lm... yes
>checking for __gxx_personality_v0 in -lstdc++... no
>checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
>checking for ANSI C header files... yes
>checking for strcasecmp... yes
>checking for strncasecmp... yes
>checking for strdup... yes
>checking whether we should include JPEG support...
>checking for jpeg_read_header in -ljpeg... yes
>         using libjpeg from system libs.
>checking where FreeType 2.x is installed...
>checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
>         using libfreetype -lfreetype from system libs.
>checking where Zlib is installed...
>checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes
>         using libz from system libs.
>checking where PNG is installed...
>checking for png_init_io in -lpng... yes
>         using libpng from system libs.
>checking where libXpm is installed...
>checking for XpmFreeXpmImage in -lXpm... no
>         XPM (libXpm) library cannot be found, possibly needed for GD
>checking where libiconv is installed...
>checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
>         libiconv library cannot be found, possibly needed for GD
>checking for GD 2.0.12 or higher...
>checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... no
>checking for gdImageSetAntiAliased in -lgd... (cached) no
>configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in
>/usr/local. Make sure GD 2.0.12 or higher is compiled before calling
>configure.

All combinations I tried with

./configure -with-gd=/usr/local

or something failed.

maybe because gd.h is located /usr/include/gd.h
and libgd.a an libgd.so are located in /usr/lib/libgd.so or /usr/lib/libgd.h

GD 2.0 claims to be installed with the apt-get system

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Are there .deb packadges available? If yes, what do I have to do to
install them as they do not seem to be part of the Debian-
distribution?
--
Gruss
Andreas Delleske