AW: [Mapserver-users] Displaying x-y Datasets using PHP/Mapscript

Jan Vietmeier jan at vietmeier.de
Fri Feb 13 11:37:34 EST 2004

Hi Morm,
my ogrinfo.exe is from remotesensing.org and my gdal11.dll (which - I
suppose - is used by the Mapserver and PHP/Mapscript) is from DM Solutions.
My "virtual layer file" works fine with the command

$ ogrinfo virtual.ovf mylayer

but I am sure that Mapserver does NOT use the ogrinfo.exe for the virtual
layer processing. I am not sure if my Mapserver supports odbc, because I
don't know what *.exe or *.dll Mapserver needs for ogr-processing.

I suppose ogr support is included in the gdal.dll is that right? In any
case, the phpinfo() command tells following:

MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

regards,

Jan

Jan Vietmeier, Diplom-Geograph