Virtual Spatial Data through OCI

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 21 09:54:37 EDT 2005

On 7/21/05, Bart van den Eijnden <BEN at syncera-itsolutions.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> probably a question for Frank.
>
> I am trying to use an Oracle X Y column table through virtual spatial data. I compiled GDAL against the Oracle client. I can access it through ODBC without any problems.
>
> When doing an ogrinfo on the ovf file I created, I get:
>
> D:\ms4w\apps\stragisweb\htdocs\sites\westland\data>ogrinfo adr4all.ovf
> ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
> ERROR 1: Failed to find layer 'ADR5_ADRESCYCLUS' on datasource 'OCI:CAB/CAB at 10.1
> 5.7.7:1521/ONTW'.

Bart,

You might want to do an ogrinfo request against the datasource
to get a list of all the recognised layers.

eg.

ogrinfo OCI:CAB/CAB at 10.15.7.7:1521/ONTW

If you don't provide an explicit list of tables to treat as layers,
OGR is supposed to scan ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA for
tables to expose.  Perhaps your ADR5_ADRESCYCLUS table
is not in ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA?   Or perhap it is
not being recognised for some other reason?  An alternative
would be to explicitly list it as a table you want exposed as
a layer:

ogrinfo OCI:CAB/CAB at 10.15.7.7:1521/ONTW,ADR5_ADRESCYCLUS

I hope this helps.

Best regards,