WFS and EPSG conversion

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Wed Jul 27 02:40:47 EDT 2005

Is EPSG:4326 in the SRS list of the remote server's WFS capabilities?

If so, the remote server should be able to do the conversion, you just need to specify the SRS in your request.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl
>>> Donal Regan <donal_regan10 at yahoo.co.uk> 07/27/05 08:25 AM >>>
Thank you for your quick answer.

I should have clarified that I am querying some remote
WFS server whose mapfile I don't have access to.

It seems though that if the owner of the mapfile
hasn't specified the required wfs_srs metadata then I
have to do the conversion myself.

Cheers,

Donal

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc46/wfs-server-howto.html