Follow Up Installation Issue

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 16 15:09:14 EST 2005

Hi K,

The HTTP Headers error is something I've ranted about a few times here
on the list in the last couple weeks ... I believe you are the 7th
person to ask that I am sending the fix to, and the second today.

Go to www.maptools.org/dl

Get their version of 4.4.1

Use the mapserv.exe and the .dll files that are within the .zip files
in the main file you download.

This version has a larger exe file that is less dependant on external
dll's and avoids a problem that exists in 4.4.1 downloaded from the
mapserver homepage.

It fixed the problem for me on windows xp sp1 and windows 2000 installations.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC ... right next door to the Air India trial, where they
just declared a Not Guilty verdict. I guess that makes them heros
instead of terrorists.