puzzling error message: arString(): Unable to access file. adLabelString()

Camden Daily cdaily at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 17 11:24:37 EST 2005

I'm running Apache 2, PHP 5, Mapserver 4.4.1 and Mapscript on Suse 9.1
with no problems so far.  I installed most of the underlying libraries
(proj, gdal, freetype, postgres, etc) from RPMs.  I installed Apache 2
from source, and PHP 5 from source as well, configuring it with :

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-regex=system
--with-mssql --with-mysql --with-curl --enable-dbase

I then configured mapserver with:

  ./configure --with-wmsclient --with-gd --with-freetype --with-png
--with-proj --with-gdal --with-tiff --with-postgis
--with-php=/usr/local/src/php-5.0.3

Note that I point the --with-php directive to the php installation
source, not the libraries or binaries.  Works for me.

-Camden