About mapserver 4.4.1 and Chinese problem

Steve Lehr lehrs at ERAU.EDU
Fri Mar 18 08:04:00 EST 2005

I think the issue is the PHP

I have not had any success using mapserver 4.4.1 php code on Fedora -- not
sure if its still the regex issue.  4.2 works just fine.  THere have been
some similar posts.  I'd go back to 4.2, recompile php with the system regex
as noted when you do the configuration of mapserver ./configure --with-php
(sorry I don't have the options right here), but it tells you how to
recompile php.

I use 4.4 mapserver cgi, but 4.2 php they are compiled independently and
work just fine.

Steven Lehr
Assistant Professor
Freshmen Program
College of Engineering
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (LB159)
600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900
386-226-7740