MapScript binaries for c# / .NET

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Mar 31 11:01:30 EST 2005

On Mar 31, 2005, at 5:34 AM, Mike Saunt wrote:

> Hi All
>
> This is my first message to the list - although I've been reading some
> of the questions of late!
>
> I'm in the process of building a set of c# .NET wrappers to talk to
> MapServer and MapScript.  I've already built a small class that can
> talk to the CGI Exceutable which seenms to work quite nicely.
>
> Now the fun has begun - MapScript through .NET! (codenamed
> dotNetMapScript by Morten Neilsen)
>
> With the Help of Morten Nielsen (mn at iter.dk) I have now got the SWIG
> C# code interface for MapScript.  I have one little problem - I don't
> seem to have the MapScript.dll that is required.  I've downloaded a
> lot of different binaries (MS4W, PHP/MapScript, Python/MapScript
> Tcl/MapScript etc) and can't seem to find the elusive MapScript.dll
>
> So I guess in summary can anyone help with the configuration issues
> associated with building a SWIG interface to MapScript or simply be
> able to point me to some compiled MapScript binaries for the Windows
> platform??
>
> Your help would be much appreciated.
>
> Also I am planning on releasing all c# code and some examples that I
> generate for the common good of all.
>
> Many thanks
> Mike

Mike,

There is a SWIG interface file for C# committed to the MapServer CVS
under mapserver/mapscript/csharp.  I've built the module using Mono on
Linux and it seems to build just fine.  Have not tried the windows
Makefile.vc, but it is reported to work.  In my experience, you will
end up with a pile of .cs files and a mapscript_csharp.dll.  There is
no MapScript.dll anywhere in MapServer.

I really don't know anything about Morten Neilsen's dotNetMapScript, or
why this person would want to stay apart from the mainstream of the
MapServer project and try to re-brand one part of the MapServer
software.

cheers,
Sean

--