php mapscript error

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Fri Nov 3 18:40:51 EST 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 5:27 PM, Kipp Jones wrote:

> Thanks William & Aaron...great to have such quick response.
>
> I did end up building it on my own -- and boy was that fun :-)  I
> was following the information (thanks btw!) on http://
> www.kyngchaos.com/macosx/install/mapserv   -- but grabbed the
> 4.10.0 version instead of the 4.6.0 version...

Those directions are out-of-date, though they may still be usable -
I'm focusing on the binaries nowadays.

> Here is the configure comman I used:
>
> ./configure --mandir=/usr/local/share/man --with-proj=/usr/local --
> with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-
> config --with-gd=/usr/local --with-xpm=/usr/X11R6 --with-php=/usr/
> local --with-geos=/usr/local/bin/geos-config --with-wfs --with-wcs
> --with-wfsclient --with-wmsclient --with-freetype=/usr/:qX11R6/bin/
> freetype-config
>
> I swear I tried to use a package install earlier on in the process,
> but perhaps I should drop back and try that again...

Well, since the ogrinfo command works, there's nothing wrong with
OGR.  But that build line for mapserver could be a problem - you
don't need to specify the gdal-config path for the --with-ogr option,
and in fact that may break the option.  Try it as:

--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan