php mapscript error

Kipp Jones kippster at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 3 22:20:04 EST 2006

You gents are great...I really appreciate the help, and I can see how
focus on the binary would be most helpful for all involved!  Sorry I
went old school and tested out the aged instructions, a shame since
they are so good.

I thought maybe I was going nuts (which is still not out of the
question).  But the issue seems to be that my gdal-config is located
in /usr/local/bin/ but the configure script was looking for it in /sw/
bin/.  When I initially tried the --ogr-enabled without the path, it
yelled at me...your comments led me to the answer.

I added a symbolic link in /sw/bin/, re-ran the configure without the
path info (for either the gdal or the ogr option), make clean, make,
re-installed, and life is good.

The final configure command I used:

./configure --mandir=/usr/local/share/man --with-proj=/usr/local --
with-gdal --with-ogr --with-gd=/usr/local --with-xpm=/usr/X11R6 --
with-php=/usr/local --with-geos --with-wfs --with-wcs --with-
wfsclient --with-wmsclient --with-freetype=/usr/:qX11R6/bin/freetype-
config

And what php now tells me:

MapServer Version
MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Thanks for the quick responses, the great directions and all of your
help!

Kipp