I need the ability to be able to display ECW and JPEG2000 format files within MapServer via a Community Mapbuilder client which sends WMS requests for the images to MapServer

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 30 13:34:39 EST 2006

Hi Frank,

I now able to display ECW type files via mapserver within a community
mapbuilder web browser client.  I had question on part of the sample map
file that you sent:
OUTPUTFORMAT
 NAME jpeg2000
 DRIVER "GDAL/JP2ECW"
 MIMETYPE "image/jpeg2000"
 FORMATOPTION "TARGET=95"
 IMAGEMODE RGB
END

What does TARGET=95 mean?

I am having good success (as far as image quality and small size downloaded
to the browser) with displaying my image data as jpeg within community
mapbuilder as an example
      <FormatList>
        <Format current="1">image/jpeg</Format>
      </FormatList>
But when I try displaying it as a png as an example.  I get poor quality as
far as the color.
      <FormatList>
        <Format current="1">image/png</Format>
      </FormatList>
The reason why I would like to sometimes be able to display as png is that
when displaying as jpeg I always have to display as the bottom layer because
if it is above any other layer then it completely covers any layer above it
even if the jpeg has no data(meaning white space).
Is there any parameters that can be changed within OUTPUTFORMAT that will
allow a better color quality png image to be displayed within the web
browser?

What application do you use to create your .ECW files?

Thanks,

John J. Mitchell

--
John J. Mitchell