mapscript, setSymbolSet and asp.net

Stéphane COLZY stephane.colzy at MAGELLIUM.FR
Tue Nov 6 11:04:23 EST 2007

Hi,

I’m using mapscript c# with asp.net

I get this error when calling mapObj.setSymbolSet(filename) several times:

loadSymbolSet(): Unknown Identifier. Parsing error near (S):(line 0)

first call is ok and symbols are showing correctly, but when I try to load
another map with the same symbolSet file it fails and I need to restart the
asp.net process to make it work again.

I’m not sure this is related to bug #339 which has been fixed a long time
ago.

I’ve seen several related posts, I know the workaround is to create symbols
directly in the code but still this is really frustating

;)

stephane