Migrating from Windows to Linux: trouble with mapfiles

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Wed Nov 14 10:02:18 EST 2007

Steven -

In addition to Kyle's example and info, one of the most likely problems is that you're moving from an operating system that is not case-sensitive to one that is.  If your mapfile refers to the file XYZZY and on Windows you have a file named xyzzy, that file will be found.  On Linux it will not be found, as XYZZY and xyzzy are two different filenames.

     - Ed

Ed McNierney
TopoZone.com

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Steven De Vriendt
Sent: Wed 11/14/2007 9:24 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Migrating from Windows to Linux: trouble with mapfiles

Hi list,

I'm migrating from windows to linux (ubuntu) but I have some trouble getting a map-file to work.
I want to be able to access my server as wms but I'm not sure what to look out for when
making a map-file. I'm having trouble with path-names etc...

Can someone give me an example of a working mapfile for Linux ?

That would be great !

Thanks !

Steven