Migrating from Windows to Linux: trouble with mapfiles

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Wed Nov 14 11:06:56 EST 2007

If you use this same connection info and data, can you get it to display
as a line layer using mode=map?

If not, I would debug this as a normal layer first and then convert it
to a WMS layer.

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Steven De Vriendt
	Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:55 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Migrating from Windows to
Linux: trouble with mapfiles

	Gregor:
	this is my layer-setup for postgis-wms..
	am I missing out something ?

	LAYER
	   NAME "grens"
	   METADATA
	     "wms_title" "gemeentegrens"
	   END
	   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
	   CONNECTION "host=****** <http://80.201.239.208/>  port=****
dbname=***** user=****** password=*****"
	   DATA "the_geom from alrgemline"
	   TYPE LINE
	    CLASS
	    NAME "KadScan"
	    COLOR 221 221 221
	    OUTLINECOLOR 238 238 238
	  END
	    PROJECTION
	    "init=epsg:31300"

	   END

	On Nov 14, 2007 4:06 PM, Steven De Vriendt <gisaalter at gmail.com
> wrote:

		Ok, thanks all.
		With the help from Kyle"s file I was able to access my
mapserver, still I do get an error

		msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String
(/etc/mapserver/wmsserver.map?) failed expression test.

		I will search the archives whats causing this...

		Thanks !

		On Nov 14, 2007 4:02 PM, Ed McNierney < ed at topozone.com>