Migrating from Windows to Linux: trouble with mapfiles

Steven De Vriendt gisaalter at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 14 11:08:09 EST 2007

Gregor,
I'm trying to access my wms in qgis. When I access this url in qgis:
http://80.201.239.208:8888/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/etc/mapserver/wmsserver.map&version=1.1.0&service=wms&request=getcapabilities
I'm getting an error that qgis can't access the postgis db.
However, when I try to connect to postgis-db in qgis using same connection
params I can access it just fine...strange..

Steven