Mapserv not accepting POST method

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 17 09:21:55 EST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007 4:43 AM, Jeff Copes <jeff at bluemoonweather.org> wrote:
> Thanks for replying guys. I had tried putting the GET command in the html
> page and tried your posted link and Firefox wanted to download the mapserv
> executable from my web server root and was able to do so. I tried William's
> reply, too, and got the same error as before about mapserv not taking a POST
> request. I tried Safari this AM, and the same results. I am able to serve
> html pages and php from any directory.
> Could the mapserv version I am using be what is causing this problem? Is
> there a command I can run on the command line or through my web service to
> get the version info and re-form a reply? I am running OS X 10.4.10, and the
> apache in my previous post. Thanks again, and please advise when you can.

Sounds like the your mapserv is not executable. Try:
   chmod +x mapserv
then to check you modification:
   ls -Fal
and it should look something like:
   -rwxr-xr-x    1 rich     admin     1220132 Sep 23 11:40 mapserv*

If that doesn't resolve it, then check that your cgi directory is
setup in your Apache configuration (/etc/httpd/httpd.conf) Should look
something like:
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/Library/www/cgi-bin/"
Basically this instructs Apache to execute files in the specified
directory, rather than serve them as static content. (Remember to
restart Apache after modifying the config).

HTH,
--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com